Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding phasing, part of BIM Manager: Managing Revit.
- [Instructor] Ever feel like you're going through…a phase?…Seriously, phasing in Revit is used…widely between firms.…I like to look at phasing as simply as…existing, demolition, and new construction.…We can make phases to accommodate just that.…But we also need to configure how our phases look.…Also, we have a chance to run Phase Filters, if needed.…In this video, I'd like to go through some…phasing scenarios.…We'll add a Demolition Phase, as well as…configure a Phase Filter.…So I'm going to jump into Revit…and I'm going to stay away from our actual templates.…I'm just going to go to Projects…and I'm going to use my Architectural template.…
Now what I'd like to do is configure some phasing.…So I'm going to go to Manage.…Then I'm going to go to Phases.…I want a Demolition Phase right between…these two phases, so I'm going to click…on Existing.…And I'm going to Insert After.…I'm going to call this Demolition.…Now what I want to do is go to my Graphic Overrides.…My Existing's a little lighter than I'd like it…so I'm going to click on this line here.…
- Setting up the Revit folder structure
- Creating a revision schedule
- Adding a symbol list
- Creating shared parameters
- Configuring your text
- Creating line types, weights, and patterns
- Configuring the underlay settings
- Creating custom grids
- Viewing templates
- Importing CAD details
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Company-Wide Workflow
2. Global Template Content
3. File Sharing
4. Master Details
Importing CAD details3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.