Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding ObjectIds, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Instructor] Having the database object…and being able to access that…begins our quest to start working with the objects…within our drawing.…Now we're not just talking about lines and circles,…but we're also talking about the non-graphic objects,…such as layers and textiles.…All of this though goes back to working within the database…and understanding what Object IDs are.…So let's go ahead and we're going to open up our exercise.…
We're going to go to the Exercise folder,…Chapter five, 05-02,…and go inside the 05-02 solution.…When we do there is that Initialization class,…we're going to open that up.…And there's a command already started…for us named LIDBObjectId.…Now what is an Object ID?…Well when you initialize…or open up a new drawing or document,…every single object,…again, non-graphical like layers or graphical,…are assigned a unique pointer,…a unique ID.…
And that unique ID is what's referred to as an Object ID.…When you close that drawing,…all of those are lost…and it restarts the next time you open up the drawing.…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.