The Type column in the Reference Manager shows you the types of elements referenced in to the host drawing. This video explains it.
- [Instructor] We're staying in the reference manager and we're going to have a look now, piece by piece, at each of the different types of pieces of information that the reference manager gives us. Now we're working in the right-hand pane now of the reference manager and we're going to start with this column here, the type column. Now you'll notice that we've got all drawings selected there at the moment. If I just go to the host drawing, the ground floor M drawing, and what it does is it shows me all the information of type in that particular drawing. See, there's lots of fonts that are used. Now these fonts are normally used in things like textiles and dimension styles, but what's really nice is they're classed as a reference or a reference piece of information in the host drawing. So it tells me that these fonts are resolved. So what's really good there is I might be working with a third-party drawing, and I might not have one of the fonts that they've used in a textile. So in this particular list, I can look down, eh, there's font, let's say Calibri, that I don't have and it'll show, for example, here that it's resolved at the moment. If it wasn't resolved and it couldn't find that font, the reference manager would tell me. It would say that it's not resolved, it can't find it. So what that does is it creates a dialog and it actually tells me that I need to contact somebody to get that font file. It might be an image file for a logo. It might be an actual xref that I need that isn't resolved. So all these different types of references appear in the reference manager and obviously you can then start to narrow them down and make sure that you've got all your green ticks in your host drawing where you're bringing in your reference files.
- Reference Manager basics
- Displaying and checking XREF links
- Displaying drawing information
- Working with different columns in the Reference Manager
- Repairing broken reference paths
- Finding and replacing reference paths
- Generating reference drawing reports