Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Trimming and extending, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We're now going to look at the…TRIM and EXTEND commands available to you…in AutoCAD and the sorts of things that you might…be expected to do for your AutoCAD…Professional Certification Exam.…Now we're going to work with these rectangles here,…going across our little plate that we're creating.…And what we're going to do, we're going to…convert each of these rectangles…in essence into three buttons.…And they're going to be the Control buttons…on this little Control Panel Plate that we're creating.…Now you will notice that there's the circles here…that we created in the previous video.…
Just select them, you'll see they're a group,…and then I'm going to go to the Home tab…on the ribbon and hit Erase there to delete them.…And the same with the arc, going to erase that, as well.…Now zoom in nice and close on your rectangles here.…You want to be able to see them, but…more importantly you want to be able…to get that crosshair in between each rectangle.…You'll see why in a moment when we…start using the TRIM and EXTEND commands.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.