Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Trim to Nested Objects, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in the O2Blocks.dwg…file again and I've undone everything so that we're back…to the original block.…I'm a bit more zoomed in this time because we're going…to look at the opposite of what we did in the previous video…where we extended two nested objects in our blocks…using the express tools tab on the auto cad ribbon.…Now, I've left the blocks panel, expanded out…and I've pinned it open again, like we did…in the previous video.…What I'm going to do now, I'm going to go to the Home tab,…on the ribbon, draw a line.…
This time, I'm going to draw a line just horizontally…through the workstation, like that, taking it…across the desk like that.…And so it goes through the workstation block,…goes through our computer nested block,…in the workstation block.…I then come back to the express tools tab on the ribbon.…Notice I need to re-expand the fly out menu…and click on the pen.…It always does that when you go to a different tab…on the ribbon.…Just be aware of that.…So we trim two nested objects this time.…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.