In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how to change and remove unwanted transparency settings.
- [Instructor] We're staying in our 03_OFFICE_ReceptionArea…drawing and another thing to consider when you're looking…at managing obviously the properties within your CAD drawing…before you take it into Revit is transparency.…Right now in the drawing there aren't really…any elements that might be transparent, so I'm going to…zoom in on this little area here, and I've got a nice…space there and what I'm going to do, I'm going to hatch…this area here, and I'm going to give it…a background color as well.…
So I'm just going to jump over to the hatch command…which is right there like so, and what we're going to do,…we're going to select a hatch pattern, so I'm going to go…for something like ANSI31 for example.…Now when I hover over that the scale obviously…is pretty lame.…It's at one, so we need to perhaps set that to say 20…and press Enter, and I'll bring that in there,…and you can now see that there's a hatch pattern there.…Now what I'm also going to do is…give it a background color as well.…So I'm going to come in here and give it a sort of…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.