In this video, Shaun Bryant demonstrates how to manage text styles in the CAD drawing.
- [Instructor] Again, we're staying…in our 04 office reception area drawing,…and we're going to refer back to the workflow…that we went through in the previous video…regarding dimension style.…You can see the text that we've got…on our UltraCAD drawing.…That's why we're still using a text style.…And obviously, to be consistent,…you want to use the one text style.…So, again, we want to make sure that we're going to remove…the text styles that we don't actually need.…So, what I'm going to do now is select a piece of text,…right click on it and go to properties,…and it's telling me that it's using…the training text style there.…
So, basically, every other text style in the drawing…we don't actually need.…So, I'll just hit escape there to deselect…that piece of text after closing the properties pallet.…Again, on the home tab on the ribbon,…I can go to the flyout here on the annotation panel,…and just click here on the A with the paintbrush…for text style, and there's the current text style training.…So, I've got the standard text style.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.