Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Text styles, part of BIM Manager: Managing AutoCAD MEP & AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- [Narrator] Adding a new text style…isn't all that difficult.…There's just a couple things we need to look out for.…What I'd like to do in this video is create…an annotative aerial text style.…Then I'll make sure it's actually annotative.…To get started, I'm jumping in the AutoCAD Civil 3D.…Again, you can be in MEP or just flat AutoCAD.…Under my Get Started dialog,…I'm going to click on Start Drawing.…What I'm going to do now is create a new text style.…What's nice is you don't have…to remember the commands anymore.…If we go to the Annotate tab,…notice that we've got our text, we've got some options.…
What I want to do though is click on the little Properties…button right here, the Text Style button.…There's a bunch in here already, but that's okay.…What I want to do is make a brand new one.…So, let's go ahead and click on the New button right here.…For the style name, I'm going to call this Custom Text.…Now I'm going to click OK.…Now we need to specify a font.…I like to stay away from SHX fonts.…Arial is the AIA national CAD standard font,…
- Managing through LISP
- Working with text, dimension, and multileader styles
- Creating a template
- Creating a palette
- Adding commands and LISP routines to a palette
- Creating a new browser profile and adding new categories, pallets, and content
- Reviewing internal mapping, MEP AEC settings, and MEP profiles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing through LISP
3. Tool Palettes for Civil 3D
4. Content Browser
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.