Learn about the configuration of text styles within a drawing file. The instructor discusses the purpose of text styles, what is stored within the text styles, the benefits, and walks through how to configure multiple text styles. In addition, Josh explains the differences between using TrueType fonts and shape fonts for the font type assigned to the text style.
- [Instructor] Our first value…that we're going to set up and configure for our template…is our text styles.…And so we have a piece of text already in the drawing.…We're in the annotate ribbon.…And, of course, we can get to our text style…from the text panel, clicking the bottom right arrow.…And we're going to set up a text style.…And this is going to be our standard company text style.…And since this is our standard company text style,…we're just going to name it standard,…regardless of the font.…A text style mainly controls two values…that we use often-…the font as well as the size or height of the text.…
We're going to set our font to a shape file name Roman S,…that comes shipped put of the box with AutoCAD.…And we're going to set to the height to being annotative…and being 3/32 when it's printed.…Now you can control the width factor…and maybe squeezing more text into a smaller area.…And you can do a few other controls,…such as having the text go backwards.…But mainly what you're setting…is your font height and the font name.…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.