In this video, Shaun Bryant demonstrates how to manage text settings in the CAD drawing.
- [Instructor] We're staying in our…04_OFFICE_ReceptionArea drawing.…And I've left the drawing in the same state…as it was at the end of the previous video,…where I froze the dimensions layer.…Now, what I'm going to do is bring the dimensions back…by thawing out the dimensions layer.…So I'll jump into my layer pull-down…here in the layers panel.…Click on the snowflake there on the A-ANNO-DIMS layer,…and bring those dimensions back.…Just hit escape there to lose the layer pull-down as well.…Now, I've brought the dimensions back so that we're back…to where we were when we started.…
Now you'll also notice that we've got…text on the drawing as well.…You can see there the men's room,…the ladies' room,…we've got an office, a copier, a store,…a supplies room, and so on.…Now those bits of text are all on a separate layer.…And that particular layer,…if I hover over one of these bits of text,…will tell me that it's on the A-ANNO-TEXT layer.…Now, obviously as you can see at the top of the screen there…in the layers panel on the ribbon,…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.