Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Text Mask and Unmask Text, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] So last but not least in this text chapter…in our Auto-CAD Express Tools Workflow course,…is masking text and unmasking text.…Now these are on the Text panel…in the Espress Tools tab on the ribbon.…I'll click on the little fly-out here…so that you can see them, and pin it open,…and there they are there, Text Mask and Unmask Text.…And you'll notice I've got some text here…that says TEXT MASK,…and we're going to use that bit of text.…So I'm going to go to Text Mask, like so,…and then I'm going to right-click.…On the shortcut menu I get asked for Mask Type and Offset.…
Let's go to Offset first,…and the Offset value I'm going to set is 150, like so.…That's the same height as the text,…so I just press Enter to confirm that.…Then it says Select Objects to Mask All.…So I've got to select my Mask Type,…so I'm going to right-click and my Mask Type there,…I can have a Wipe Out, a 3-D Face, or a Solid.…I'm just going to go to the 2-D Wipe Out option,…because I'm in a 2-D drawing.…Now, when I select the text objects to mask,…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.