Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Tables, part of AutoCAD: Effective Annotating.
- [Narrator] Another excellent type of annotation…that is available to you in AutoCAD…is the Table, the AutoCAD Table.…Before we start working with the tables in AutoCAD,…just make sure you have the same drawing open,…the 02_TypesOfAnnotation.dwg file,…you can see that at the top of the AutoCAD screen.…And you can see that I've saved as I've gone along, again,…seeing the leaders from the previous video.…You don't have to do that.…You don't have to save each time,…you can just go in and follow along with each video…using the exercise file that you've downloaded.…
We're going to place a Table this time.…Jump to the Home tab on the Ribbon,…go to your Layers here, and on your Layer pull-down…I would normally use the TEXT layer for Table,…so make TEXT the current layer.…Or, if you wish, create a new layer called Tables.…It is entirely up to you,…how you want to work with your layers…as you annotate on your drawing.…The drawing is getting a little bit busy,…don't worry about that it's purely an exercise,…but we're going to pan across a little bit…
- Setting up text, dimensioning, centerlines, leaders, and markup layers
- Setting up a multileader style
- Aligning multileaders
- Collecting multileaders
- Setting up the table style
- Working with cells in the AutoCAD table
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Annotation in AutoCAD
Why use annotation?3m 10s
2. Different Types of Annotation
3. Using Text Effectively in Your Drawings
4. Dimensioning Accurately in Your Drawings
5. Using Centerlines
6. Leaders and Multileaders
7. Setting Up an AutoCAD Table
8. Marking Up an AutoCAD Drawing
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.