Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video TEXTEDIT command, part of AutoCAD 2017 New Features.
- [Voiceover] Autodesk has made some very subtle changes…in AutoCAD 2017 to the text editing tools…that are available in AutoCAD.…So you can see that we're back…in the 01_Userinterface.dwg file,…and it's zoomed out to the extent,…and you can see all the grid bubbles,…all the text, and so on.…Using Zoom and Pan, just pan across a little bit…and zoom into the top left grid bubbles there.…So you can see we've got J, I, and H.…Now these are multiline text,…and there's been some subtle tweaks…to the TEXTEDIT command.…
Now I can just select the piece of text, like that,…and what I can do then is I can right-click…and use Mtext Edit on the short-cut menu,…or I can double-click on the text…and it will do the same thing.…So if I click there, you'll notice…that this just is some subtle tweaks and enhancements…to the Ribbon itself.…You'll see the icons are slightly different,…different colors.…So, for example, the Match Properties now…is two little paint brushes, which is much, much more…easier to understand than the previous icon was.…
- Tool tip and dialog box enhancements
- TEXTEDIT command changes
- Coordination model object snap
- 2D and 3D publishing options
- Graphics performance enhancements
- Center marks and centerlines
- PDF import
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2016. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter, "AutoCAD 2017.1 Update," to cover the new features Autodesk added in the 2017.1 update (released October 2016), including enhanced support for 3D and 4K displays.
1. User Interface
3. Installation and Configuration
4. Associative Center Marks and Centerlines
5. PDF Import
6. AutoCAD 2017.1 Update
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.