Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video System Variables, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Another really neat little command…that you have in the Tools panel in the Express Tools tab…on the ribbon is the System Variables command.…This brings up a little dialogue box, and allows you…to edit system variables within AutoCAD itself.…So, for example, I know that I've set…my Startup Variable to 1 in my version of AutoCAD.…Which means when I click on the New icon…in the Quick Access toolbar, it brings up…this particular Startup dialogue box.…So, if I now go into the Tools panel here,…on the Express Tools tab, and select System Variables here,…you'll notice I've got startup there,…so all I've got to do is type it in,…so s-t-a-r-t-u-p, like that, and it searches for startup.…
So, the new value I can change,…so if I do that, and change that to 0,…like so, the current value is 1,…the initial value in AutoCAD was 3.…So, if I now OK that, that's changed…the value of the Startup Variable.…So, if I click on New now, you'll notice…it goes to the Standard Template dialogue box, like so.…So, if I just cancel that now,…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.