Walk through parameters within the System, User Preferences, Drafting, Selection, and 3D Modeling tabs of AutoCAD’s options. The parameters include layout regen options, graphics configuration, and 3D modeling visual display controls. In addition, Josh covers what should be left to the users to set for themselves to allow for their own productive environment while still keeping company consistency.
- Our next tab we're going to look at is our system tab.…The system tab really focuses in on using the hardware…efficiently within AutoCAD.…We have some controls there such as our layout…region options.…The default of course is to cache the model tab…and all layouts.…If we're caching a course though,…we're going to be using more memory.…Depending on the memory that you have within the computers…for your users, you may choose to cache the model tab…and last layout or even regen when switching layouts.…
Also within our system tab of our options we have a…graphics performance where we can control whether or not…to use the hardware acceleration or individual settings…for the graphics, and whether or not to use them.…The other tabs are not ones that we as CAD managers…are going to spend a lot of time configuring.…The reason being is although we want to provide a…consistent interface there are simply some parameters…that we want to allow the user to establish their own…settings and work environment.…
An environment that they feel comfortable in and can be…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015)with Shaun Bryant4h 58m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.