Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Synchronize Viewports, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in the 05_Layout.dwg file…and we're staying in the A3 Landscape Layout.…So now as you can see, with the view ports and so on,…we're now going to look a really cool tool on the layout panel…in the express tools tab on the ribbon.…It's this one here.…And it's called synchronize viewports.…Now you'll notice there's no actual name there.…That's because my panels are a little bit squished due…to my screen resolution.…But it's this little icon here: Synchronize Viewports.…Now if I click there, it prompts me now to select an object…that is actually going to synchronize a viewport.…
So if I select this viewport here first, like that,…it then says "Select a viewport to be aligned…to the master viewport."…So the bottom left viewport I've just selected is…now the master viewport.…So if I click on this viewport here,…which has a totally different view, can you see there…when I press enter, it aligns this viewport…with this viewport.…So if you look at the top left viewport,…can you see the rectangle is near the circle?…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.