In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through multiple parameters within the Files tab to describe what is changed and why we change them, some suggestions on what to set them to, and how to configure the paths so as to provide a consistent setup for all users within the company. Such parameters include support file search path, customization files, printer support file path, and template paths.
- [Narrator] So once we've launched our options,…AutoCAD options, let's look at our files tab.…And, really, to improve the efficiency within a company,…it means that all our users…are really consistently using the same files.…Files that we're talking about are templates, fonts,…the user interface, the standard company interface,…and even the plotting settings.…All of these can be controlled within the files tab.…
Starting with the support files search path,…and this is what's being looked for, for any support files.…Support files would be lisp routines, font files,…hatch patterns, line types and shapes,…and so we can place all of these paths…simply by adding a new path to our server.…Other paths, such as our customization files,…which we'll talk about later in this program,…as well as our printer support file path.…
Our printer support file path…allows us to use the same plotters,…and even the same plot style tables for all the users.…This allows, again, that consistency,…and even if a user has a specific client need,…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.