Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Super Hatch, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] We're staying in the 06_Draw.dwg file…and we're going to have a look now…at the Super Hatch command here,…which is in the Draw Panel on the Express Tools tab…on the ribbon.…Going to go to the Home tab,…I'm going to draw a little rectangle like so.…Just here on the left, just a free hand rectangle.…I'm then going to go to the Hatch command,…and I'm going to pick a Hatch pattern,…something like ANSI31,…and just hatch that rectangle like that.…Then I'm going to hit escape or enter just to finish.…I'm then going to go to Insert here…and I'm going to create a Block,…and I'm going to call the Block Hatch, like so.…
Pick a base point which will be the bottom left corner…like so, select the objects just as if you were creating…a normal AutoCAD Block.…I'm going to leave it to scale uniformly…and allow exploding.…I'm not going to open it in the Block Editor,…and I'm going to click on Ok.…So now you'll see that is a Block Reference,…I've created a small Block.…I then go back to the Express Tools Tab on the ribbon…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.