Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Stretching objects, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We're now going to look at stretching objects in AutoCAD.…The object we're going to stretch in the same drawing…as we used for the previous video…is this outer poly line here, this rectangular poly line.…So if I select that and see it's all one object,…now the reason I want to stretch all of that one object…is I want to make it longer to the right hand side.…So I'm just going to hit Escape there to deselect it…and what I'm going to do is I'm going to use…the stretch command, which is on the Home tab…in the Modify panel on the ribbon.…
And it's this command here, Stretch,…so I'll click on Stretch and come in to the drawing area.…Now I've got to select objects, you can see that…now I've got a little quick box…and the Select objects prompt.…You can only stretch objects by using…a crossing window or a crossing polygon.…So what I need to do is come down here…and click from the right to the left.…Now don't forget as well, here is a little trick for you,…if I type c at the Select objects prompt right there…and press Enter, no matter which way I go now…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.