Learn how to create a simple linetype definition for use within your company AutoCAD configuration. The instructor discusses the basic linetype definition format. In addition, Josh demonstrates creating a simple linetype definition, loading the linetype definition into an AutoCAD drawing file, and using the definition.
- Linetype definitions are stored within…each individual drawing, but a definition comes from,…it's loaded from an external file.…The file format is simply a text format.…It can be edited with any standard text editor,…and really the linetype definition format is very simple.…The format is based on the idea that we control a pen…which draws the linetype.…If the number is positive, it represents the length…that we have the pen to the paper.…
If the number is negative, it defines the length…that we've lifted the pen from the paper.…In the process, we've created a linetype.…Now a linetype must start with a positive number,…but other than that it simply needs to know…when are we drawing a line and…when do we have the pen lifted to provide a dash or space.…So let's create a linetype.…I'm going to use a standard text editor,…and we're going to name this linetype PHANTOM4…and we're going to give it a visual of…what that linetype's going to look like when we're done,…and so once we've added the name and…the visual description, that's when we get into…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015)with Shaun Bryant4h 58m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.