Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Show URLs, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] So, we're in a new section now…of our Express Tools workflow in AutoCAD course.…And what we're going to look at now is the Web panel…in the Express Tools tab on the ribbon.…Now you can often apply what they call URLs…or Universal Resource Locators…to objects in your AutoCAD drawings.…We have a new drawing open called 09_Web.dwg…and what I've got is some lines and arcs…that make up a chair.…Now, if I hover over that line there,…can you see that there is a web URL…applied to that particular line?…So, what I can do now, is I can go to the web panel here,…click on the fly-out and show URLs in the drawing.…
So, as soon as I do that, it tells me that there's…a hermanmiller.com URL going to the Herman Miller website.…The entity type is line and it's in the model space.…So what I can do there is show that URL.…So if I click on Show URL, there it is there.…I can just click on Show URL and it shows it in the drawing.…I click on close and job done.…So what I can do there is show any number of URLs…that may be attached to objects in my AutoCAD drawings.…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.