In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how to find and set up your settings for the TXT2MTXT command in the Express Tools tab.
- [Instructor] We're starting another chapter now,…in the course, and what we're going to look at now…is auto cad's ability to convert to MTEXT,…a multi line text.…Now you'll notice we've got a new drawing…for you to use so again you can download it…from the website and it's called convert to MTEXT.dwg.…And you can see it's a very simple drawing,…we're in the model tab and we've got various bits…of regular text.…Now these are just regular text, they're not MTEXT.…
So they're just what we used to call single line text.…Now the first thing we're going to look at…in this particular chapter in this video is…that now you can select MTEXT objects in addition…to text objects.…So if you've already got some MTEXT in your drawing,…you can select that as well as your single line text…and convert it to MTEXT.…There won't be any problems there.…But more importantly now, you have a settings option…on the command line that actually displays…when you're working in the text to MTEXT dialog box.…
Now, this particular command is on the express tools tab…
- Working with the File Navigation dialog box
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Updating reference paths
- Changing path types
- Finding and replacing reference files
- Renaming unloaded references
- Using linetype gap selection
- Sharing design views from AutoCAD
- Setting a PDF layer
- Using the PDFIMPORT and PDFATTACH commands
- Changing text to MTEXT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. User Interface
2. External References
3. Off-Screen Selection
Using off-screen selection2m 20s
4. Linetype Gap Selection
Using linetype gap selection2m 10s
5. Sharing Design View
6. Using PDFs In AutoCAD
7. Changing Text To MTEXT
8. Technology and Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.