In this video, Shaun Bryant demonstrates how to set up structural grids in Revit from the linked CAD file.
- [Narrator] We're starting a new chapter now…in our course and what we're going to look at now…is generating a simple partial BIM model…from a linked CAD file.…We've got a new Revit project for you.…It's 09_office.rvt.…You can see the name at the top of the screen, there,…and when you open it up, it loads up into level zero.…You can see that there in the project browser.…In essence, the ground floor level of our Revit project.…What we're going to do is go to the insert tab…on the ribbon, go into the link panel,…and link our CAD file first.…
You'll see there that we've got the trusty office…reception area again, but it's 09 office reception area.…That means again you can download that from the website…and use it to follow along with the videos…in this chapter accordingly.…Let's select it.…I'm going to make sure the colors are black and white,…layer levels are all import units auto detect,…correct the lines that are slightly off axis.…Positioning, make sure it's center to center…so that it sits nicely inside…the elevation markers in the Revit project.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.