Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a master details model, part of BIM Manager: Managing Revit.
- [Instructor] As I mentioned in an earlier video,…I hate having to go back to old jobs and basically…steal details that we used.…This is a problem because half the company doesn't…know they're there.…And if anything is wrong with these details,…it'll keep being wrong.…What I like to do here is create a file that just…contains typical details that we will…bring into the model.…So I'm going to jump into Revit.…And under Projects, I'm just going to grab…an architectural template.…It almost doesn't matter which one we use.…Now what I'm going to do is I'm just going to do…a Save As.…
I'm going to go into Project.…And I'm going to browse for where I'm…keeping my exercise files.…And I'm just going to call this Master Details.…I'm going to go to Options.…I just want one back up.…And I'm going to hit Okay.…And I'm going to hit Save.…Now one thing I'd like to do…is just create a quick schedule…because we can bring in schedules this way also.…I want to go into View.…And I want to go to Schedules.…And I want to go to Schedules Quantities.…
- Setting up the Revit folder structure
- Creating a revision schedule
- Adding a symbol list
- Creating shared parameters
- Configuring your text
- Creating line types, weights, and patterns
- Configuring the underlay settings
- Creating custom grids
- Viewing templates
- Importing CAD details
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Company-Wide Workflow
2. Global Template Content
3. File Sharing
4. Master Details
Importing CAD details3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.