In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how levels can be set up in Revit that work in coordination with the grids from the linked CAD file.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in…our 09_OFFICE.rvt file in Revit,…As you can see, I've left the Revit project…in the same state as it was…at the end of the previous video.…So, what we're gonna look at now…is setting up just a couple of levels…in our Revit project.…And the reason that I'm doing that…is obviously when we start adding other elements…like walls, doors, and windows,…we've got those levels to use as references…as we develop our 3D model.…So, I'm in the project browser…on the right-hand side of my screen.…
By default, the project browser is normally…bottom left underneath the Properties palette…on the left-hand side of the screen.…It's just the way that I work in Revit,…so just be aware of that.…So, project browser, you can see there's Level 0,…and that's the level that we're in right now.…So right-click on Level 0,…and on the shortcut menu we're going to rename that…as 00-Ground Floor.…Much, much more sensible naming terminology.…
So we'll click on Ok there.…And it will prompt you,…would you like to rename any corresponding levels and views,…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.