Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a centerline layer, part of AutoCAD: Effective Annotating.
- [Instructor] We're now in a new chapter…of Annotating Effectively in AutoCAD.…We're going to look now at using centerlines in AutoCAD.…Now these are new tools that have come out…in the more recent versions of AutoCAD,…and they're available in AutoCAD 2017.…Now, as usual, if you're creating a different type of object…in AutoCAD, especially when you're annotating,…you should always put it on its own layer.…So the first thing we're going to do…in our new 05_centerlines drawing,…which you'll notice is a different drawing this time,…is create a centerlines layer.…
So we're going to jump into the home tab on the ribbon,…into the layers panel, here,…into layer properties, like we've done previously.…So we're going to create a new layer,…so we click on the new layer icon,…and our little layer one default comes up,…and we're going to type in centerlines.…Now you'll notice even though I'm English,…I'm spelling centerlines the American way,…that's because I kind of work with American text…and English text, just so you know,…
- Setting up text, dimensioning, centerlines, leaders, and markup layers
- Setting up a multileader style
- Aligning multileaders
- Collecting multileaders
- Setting up the table style
- Working with cells in the AutoCAD table
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Annotation in AutoCAD
Why use annotation?3m 10s
2. Different Types of Annotation
3. Using Text Effectively in Your Drawings
4. Dimensioning Accurately in Your Drawings
5. Using Centerlines
6. Leaders and Multileaders
7. Setting Up an AutoCAD Table
8. Marking Up an AutoCAD Drawing
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.