In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how to set the units of the imported CAD file.
- [Narrator] So we're staying in our 06 underscore Office…dot RVT file in Revit 2017, and as you can see now,…I've left the Revit project in the same state as it was…at the end of the previous video.…So you can see we've got our CAD file there, minus our…gridlines, where we change the layers and levels settings.…So, we need to remove that, so you can either go up to undo,…if you want to, or you can just select the CAD file like so…and click on the red cross there in the modify panel and…that will delete it from your Revit project.…
So we're back in the insert tab on the ribbon, and we're…going to go import CAD again.…And this time, we're going to look at the units.…Now make sure though, before you obviously bring in your…06 Office reception area drawing, that your layers…and levels here are set back to all, otherwise it will…keep asking you to specify all of your layers…and levels and things.…So make sure that's just set back to all.…I'm using black and white as the color setting again.…So import units is here.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.