In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how to set the units of the linked CAD file.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in our 07_OFFICE.rvt file…and as per the previous video,…we undid everything that we had done.…So we've got a nice clean Revit project…waiting for a linked CAD file.…So as usual, I'm going to go up to the Insert tab…on the ribbon, go to the Link panel and click on Link CAD.…I'm going to select the 07_OFFICE_ReceptionArea.dwg file…that we've done in previous videos.…And, I'm going to make sure that the colors…are set to Black and White.…Layers/Levels, just set that back to All for now.…We'll just use all of the layers and levels.…
And the one that we're going to look at now is the units.…Now I'm working…in a UK-localized version of Revit.…So Revit will be using a metric setting, with millimeters.…Now, the thing is, sometimes you might want to import…a CAD file that is not using the same unit.…So, here's where you've got the option of clicking here…and selecting what units you want to bring in.…So you might want to bring in feet, inches,…meters, decimeters, and so on.…
You can even put a Custom factor in.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.