In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how to set the layer settings of the imported CAD file.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in our 06_OFFICE.rvt file…in Revit 2017.…And as you can see, I've left the Revit model…in the same state it was at the end of the previous video.…So what we're going to do now is we're going to…remove the CAD file again.…Now you can do this in two ways.…You can go up here.…You can undo what you did last,…and that will obviously cancel the most recent action…as it says at the top of the screen there.…Or you can just hover over the model itself.…So if I select it like that,…can you see?…I can select the CAD file from the model.…
So I can select from the model itself.…Like that.…And then you'll notice I get a contextual ribbon…up here.…There's a little cross there, delete,…and that will allow me to delete it obviously…from the model itself.…So, I'm removing it in that way.…Now it's up to you whichever way you do that.…Ideally, you should really use Undo,…because that removes the whole of the last action.…But you can delete a CAD file if you want to.…So we're back to square one again.…Gonna go to the Insert tab on the ribbon.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.