In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how to set the layer settings of the linked CAD file.
- [Instructor] We're staying in our 07_office.rvt file.…And as you can see,…I've left the Revit project in the same state as it was…at the end of the previous video.…So what we need to do now is we need…to remove our linked CAD file to move on…with what we're going to do in this video.…And I just want to show you a different way…of removing a linked CAD file.…It's the same as when you're importing a CAD file, as well,…and we did cover this in the previous chapter too,…but you can actually hover over…the linked CAD file like that,…click on it to select it,…it all goes blue.…
Go up to the modify panel here in the contextual modify tab,…the green tab up here at the top of the screen,…click on the little red cross,…and that will delete that selected element…from the model like that.…And it actually deletes the linked CAD file.…So we'll go back to the insert tab now,…and go to the link panel and click on link CAD.…We're going to look at layers and levels now,…so select your 07 office reception area drawing,…and the good thing is Revit, like AutoCAD,…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.