Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting hatch patterns, part of AutoCAD Facilities Management: Areas.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] In the same way that we used Gradient Fills…to highlight our room areas…in our Facilities Management drawing,…we can also use Hatches and Solid Fills…if we want to as well.…And we're gonna go to the Home tab on the ribbon…and go to the Layers panel again.…I'm just gonna expand it out,…and you'll see I've got FM-ROOMFILLS there…as the current layer.…So we're gonna go to Layer Properties again,…and we're gonna create another new FM layer.…This time FM- and then ROOMHATCHES.…
Now I always put everything on a separate layer…in Facilities Management.…There reason being is you can isolate each of them then…by Freezing them or switching the layer…on or off and things.…Just double-click next to the FM-ROOMHATCHES layer, like so.…And again, I've set that to white.…Now this time, it's just followed the color…of the previous layer created…which was our FM-ROOMFILLS.…We're doing Hatches this time…so you might want to give it a different color,…something quite vibrant like a pale green or yellow…so that it stands out on the dark background.…
- Setting up a facilities drawing
- Managing XREF layers
- Adjusting drawing units and limits
- Using polylines
- Defining areas
- Annotating areas
- Setting up area table styles
- Finding and linking area data
- Exporting area table data
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to FM
2. Setting Up a Facilities Drawing
Managing XREF layers3m 55s
3. Getting Your FM Settings Right
4. Areas and Polylines
5. Defining Areas
6. Annotating Areas
7. Setting Up an Area Table Style
8. Using the Area Table
9. Exporting the Area Table Data
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.