In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how to set the colors of the imported CAD drawing.
- [Instructor] So we're staying…in our O six underscore office dot rvt file…and it's our Revit project in Revit 2017.…So now, what we're doing is looking…at a blank Revit project,…and the reason I'm kind of going back…to the blank Revit project again each time is one,…repetition age retention which…is a very well known training process, but also, I want…to kind of go through each setting individually now…as we bring in the CAD drawing into our Revit model.…
So, back to the insert tab up at the top on the ribbon,…Into the import panel and click…on import CAD and we're going to…use our O six office reception area drawing again.…So I select it and what we're going to look…at is the settings for our colors, first of all.…Now, you'll notice in the thumbnail over here…in the preview, the CAD drawing has all…of it's AutoCAD colors.…There's a color's setting here so you've got a choice,…you can invert the colors, you can preserve the colors,…you can keep all the sort of AutoCAD colors when you bring…in the CAD drawing into the Revit model…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.