In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how to set the colors of the linked CAD drawing.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in our…07_OFFICE.rvt file and we're linking our CAD file…to our Revit model.…Now, as I've stated in the previous videos,…this is remarkable similar to the previous chapter…but you are performing a different process and work flow.…You are linking the CAD file, you're not…just importing the CAD file this time.…So again we go to the insert tab up…on the ribbon in Revit, and we go to the link panel,…and click on Link CAD and we're using…our trusty 07_OFFICE_ReceptionArea drawing…that I mentioned previously, that again,…you can download from the website…and use to follow along with the videos.…
Now in the particular video, we're going to…look at colors again.…Now you'll notice over on the preview of the CAD file…that you can see all the autoCAD colors there…and the color setting is here, in the dialog box,…and you can invert the colors, like so,…and when you do that, make sure that you position…Auto - Center to Center at Level 0 here and click on Open,…you will see that it's inverted the autoCAD colors,…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.