Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving your sheet lists, part of AutoCAD: Plotting & Publishing.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] We're staying in the 09_Publishing.dwg file…and as you can see,…I've left the publish dialog box open again,…purely for my sake rather than anybody else's,…and what I've done there…is I've minimized down to the smaller version…of the publish dialog box as well.…So what we've done so far…is we've looked at the publish dialog box,…we've renamed our sheets…and we've set up our plot stamps.…What we need to think about now…is saving all of those settings…to what they call a DSD file,…a drawing sheet description file, a DSD.…
Now that's normally done in the top left corner…of the publish dialog box.…There's my sheet list, 09_Publishing.dsd.…So what I've done is I've already phased it once…as 09_Publishing.dsd.…What I'm going to do is I'm just…going to overwrite that now to show you how it's done.…Now remember, you've also got the publish two,…which is the plotter named in the page setup,…so the DSD file will remember these here as well,…your page setups for each sheet.…So if they're different for each sheet,…
- Printing and plotting
- Scaling drawings
- Working in model space vs. paper space
- Creating and modifying page setups with the AutoCAD Page Setup Manager
- Creating and clipping viewports
- Adding an annotative scale
- Plotting and publishing from Quick View
- Changing plot styles
- Plotting electronically to DWF, DWFx, and PDF
- Publishing sheet lists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Plotting and Publishing
2. Modelspace & Paperspace
3. Page Setup Manager
5. Plotting to Scale
6. Quick View and Drawing Tabs
7. Plotting Styles & Setting Up
8. Plotting Electronically
9. Publishing Your Drawings
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.