In this video, Shaun Bryant shows you how to save and restore your model space views in AutoCAD.
- [Instructor] Once again, we're staying in our … 00 ground floor plan revision A drawing, … and you can see I've left it in the … ISO A1 landscape layout tab. … Now, I've done that deliberately, … because in the layout tab, you can see that … we've got the one viewport that I've explained previously. … So there's our viewport there, and that gives us … a particular view of something in the model space … that we've designed. … Now, let's have a look now at creating views … in the model space that we can then automatically … convert into viewports in the layout space … in our ISO A1 landscape tab. … So just hit Escape there to deselect the viewport, … and make sure that you go to the Home tab on the ribbon … and that you are in your Viewports layer. … It'll be down near the bottom of the list, … so just click on the word Viewports and make sure … that Viewports is your current drafting layer. … We're now going to jump back into the Model tab, … into the Model space, and what we're going to do …
- Using workspaces
- Working in the Model and Layout tabs
- Saving and restoring views
- Locking viewports and freezing viewport layers
- Adding a title block
- Using annotative dimensions and revision clouds