Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Resetting text, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] We're staying in the 07_Dimensions.dwg file. What we're going to look at now in the Express Tools tab in the dimension panel is Reset Text. Now sometimes people go in and edit a dimension and use what they call the Override Text Setting. So you'll notice in the 07 Dimensions drawing we've got a dimension there of 400. You'll notice when I hover over it, it is an annotative dimension. That doesn't matter, I'll click on it there like so. I'll then right-click and select Properties on the shortcut menu.
If I scroll down in the Properties Palette to the Text here. See the Text override, now click in there and I'm going to type in something like dim for dimensions. Press enter and can you see it updates the dimension. So if I close the Properties Palette now, hit escape a couple of times, you can see I've got dim there instead of the actual physical dimension value. So I go to the Dimension panel here, on the Express Tools tab on the ribbon, and it's this icon here, Reset Dim Text Value. So if I click there, and select that dimension, and then right-click to confirm, it resets back to the original dim text value which was the 400 that was the original dimension before we used the Text override.
Very quick and easy to use, and it helps one hell of a lot when you've got people going in and using Text overrides on dimensions everywhere in your drawings, which can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes, when you've got a value in there that isn't correct, but you need the correct value, the actual physical dimension value in your AutoCAD drawing.
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.