Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Replace Block, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Narrator] So we're staying in the O2_Blocks drawing,…and what I've done is I've used the Undo command…to undo what I did in the previous video…where I exploded the attributes.…I'll do that for every single video in this particular…chapter, so that I can start with the original blocks.…See, the block is back to normal, it's all one block.…And I've just used Undo up here on the Quick Access toolbar…to undo what I did previously.…So, we're going to look at a new command now…in the Blocks panel on the Express Tools tab.…And it's this one here, replace block with another block.…
It replaces all inserts of one block…with inserts of another.…Now, what I'm what I'm going to do here is,…I'm actually going to copy this block.…Just going to select it, right click>Copy Selection…on the shortcut menu, pick a point, and just do two…like that and then press Enter to finish.…Now, the reason I've got two this time is…I want to show you how this replace block works.…Now, we've got some nested blocks in our workstation block.…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.