In this video, Shaun Bryant uses the PURGE command to remove unwanted CAD drawing layers.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in…our 02_OFFICE_ReceptionArea drawing…and you'll remember…in one of the previous videos in this chapter…when we were optimizing our layers,…what we did was we put all of the grid bubbles…with the letters and the numbers in…onto the grid layer.…So for example, if I select one of these bubbles here,…click on it like so,…you can see it's on the S-GRID layer,…not the S-GRID-IDEN layer.…So if I jump into Layer Properties here…in the Layers panel on the Home tab on the ribbon,…and I just slide down the list there,…you can see look, there's S-GRID-IDEN there,…and you can see that it's not being used by anything,…because the little sheet of paper…is white next to it instead of blue.…
Any of these ones with the blue ones indicate…that the layers are being used somewhere in the drawing.…So what we can do now…is we can purge out that layer that we don't need.…Now obviously I'm only going to do a single layer here.…What you could do is purge out many layers…on a very complex drawing…before you bring it into your Revit model.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.