In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how to remove unwanted blocks from your CAD drawing.
- [Instructor] We're staying in our 05 office…reception area drawing and in the previous video,…we looked at using quick select to isolate…and find all of our blocks in our CAD drawing,…before we take it across into our Revit model.…So let's do that again one more time.…So we're over here to the Utilities panel.…Click on Quick Select,…Entire Drawing,…object type will be Block Reference,…just leave it set to Color.…There Properties equals by layer,…Include in New Selection Set…and click on OK.…
Now as per the previous video,…that highlights all of the blocks in our AutoCAD drawing.…And you can see all of them there,…there's plenty of blocks there.…There's even hand railing you can see there.…Can you see that there?…On the staircases for example.…You can also see that the elevator…in the middle of the elevator shaft or lift shaft,…as you may call it,…is a block as well.…Now it doesn't matter whether you want to remove…these blocks or whether you want to keep…these blocks in the drawing.…But the trick is you now know where they are.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.