In this video, Shaun Bryant demonstrates how to unload and reload (and remove) the linked CAD file from the Revit model.
- [Instructor] Last but not least in this chapter,…we're staying in our 09_OFFICE.rvt file,…and during this chapter, what we've done is…we've linked our CAD file and we've developed…a very simple part of our Revit bim model…from the information that our linked CAD file has given us.…Now one of the things you might do once you've,…obviously, developed your bim model,…much, much more than this one, for example,…is you would remove the linked CAD file.…
Now, you don't have to remove it completely.…Remember, it's a linked CAD file,…so you might want to refer back to it,…in case that CAD file changes…and you need to update your Revit model accordingly.…So, instead of just removing it,…why don't we consider reloading it.…Obviously, once the model is done, you can remove it,…but the trick is you can unload and reload at anytime…and then remove, finally, when you don't need it anymore.…I'm just going to jump back into my 00-Ground Floor plan…because I'm in my 3D view that we were in…in the last video.…
So I'm going to jump in there to my 00-Ground Floor plan.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.