In this video, Shaun Bryant demonstrates how to remove linked CAD files with the Manage Links dialog box.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in our 08_OFFICE.rvt file,…and as you can see, we've still got our…Reception Area drawing loaded up nicely…in our Revit model.…Now, what we might need to do at some point…is remove our linked CAD file completely.…Now obviously, you've got this way of doing it.…You can select it, and you can just hit Delete like so,…and that will remove it completely that way.…The other way that you can do it,…obviously is to utilize the Manage Links dialog box.…
So what I'll do there is I'll just quickly…go back to Manage Links, go to CAD Formats here,…and I'll come down to Add, and I'll select my…08 Office Reception Area drawing again.…Make sure you've got black and white all, et cetera,…but more importantly, make sure you've got your…positioning set auto center to center,…place at level zero, and click on Open.…Now that loads it here like so.…Now if I select that like that,…obviously, status is loaded.…I can unload it now if I want to,…and I can also remove it if I want to.…
We'll look at remove in a second once I've clicked on OK.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.