Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Referencing external drawings (xrefs) and images, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We're now going to look at another method…of reusing existing content in AutoCAD.…It's one of the ones that does often crop up…on the professional certification exam,…so obviously you can make sure that you…practice with this one,…and make sure that you set up…ready to take your exam later on.…So we're using a drawing eight, re-using XREFS complete.…If you want to follow along,…you need to find the lynda.com exercise file eight,…Reusing_XREFS.dwg.…Now there is another drawing file…that you will need to look for in this particular exercise.…
It's called XREF_Shaft.…What we're going to do,…we're going to place an external reference drawing,…which is what XREF is short for,…and we're going to insert the shaft inside the sleeve here.…So this is our host drawing,…the 8_Reusing_XREFS drawing.…And the XREF_Shaft drawing is going to be…the XREF drawing, the external reference drawing…that we bring in.…Now, it's very easy to do,…and what I've done is I've set it up for you…so that you can utilize your XREFs by way of using…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.