Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Recognizing text, part of AutoCAD Raster Design Essential Training.
- We know it as OCR; Optical Character Recognition.…Basically, we can convert Raster text…into AutoCAD text.…It's pretty awesome.…Of course we'll have to find some valid text first…then we'll have Raster Design take its best…guess at to what the pics is saying.…It's not always perfect.…Okay lets get started.…Lets jump into AutoCAD, come over here to Start Drawing.…Lets insert an image.…I'm gonna grab Door Schedule.…Plenty of text in Door Schedule.…Lets click Open.…
Lets click Next and then Next again.…And lets finish.…Lets zoom down here.…Lets go into this area.…General Note: Provide one door tag.…Dah, dah, dah.…Lets turn that into actual text.…So on the Vectorize & Recognize Text panel click…OCR, click the drop down and lets recognize text.…I'm gonna pick a point right here.…I'm gonna hit Enter.…I'm gonna pick a window around this glob of text.…Looks like it got everything perfect.…
Don't get too used to that as we'll see in a second.…Lets click Okay.…Lets hit Escape a couple of times…and that's the translation.…Lets double-click on the text,…
- Inserting images
- Creating new images
- Creating image masks
- Managing images
- Editing images
- Creating REM regions and primitives
- Recognizing and vectorizing text
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD Map 3D Essential Trainingwith Gordon Luckett1h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Insert and Write
2. Manage View and Correlate
3. Editing Images
4. Raster Entity Manipulation (REM)
5. Vectorize and Recognize Text
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.