Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Recognizing a table, part of AutoCAD Raster Design Essential Training.
- Recognize Table is the same exact thing…as Recognize Text.…It doesn't pick up the table,…but it does pick up the text…and it keeps the formatting a lot better.…Also, with Recognize Text, it doesn't pick up the text style…and we have to manually override it,…regardless of what the text style is.…Recognize Table picks up the text style as well.…This video will have us going into a file…with a raster table sitting there,…then we'll convert that pile of pixels into some text.…Let's jump into AutoCAD.…Let's click Start Drawing, and we'll get started.…Let's Insert.…
Let's grab Door Schedule; let's open that up.…Let's click Next; let's click Next.…Let's click Finish.…Okay.…If you have a table that's this big,…you can forget about it.…It's too much text and it's not going to happen.…You have to do it in smaller portions.…So I'll avoid that, and I'll come into this one.…First thing I want to do, though,…is modify our text style,…so type in S-T-Y-L-E and hit Enter.…
Annotative, we'll keep Annotative,…but what I want to do is hit the drop-down,…
- Inserting images
- Creating new images
- Creating image masks
- Managing images
- Editing images
- Creating REM regions and primitives
- Recognizing and vectorizing text
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD Map 3D Essential Trainingwith Gordon Luckett1h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Insert and Write
2. Manage View and Correlate
3. Editing Images
4. Raster Entity Manipulation (REM)
5. Vectorize and Recognize Text
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.