In this video, Shaun Bryant demonstrates how the layer control can be switched on in the Quick Access Toolbar, allowing for quick and easy layer changes in AutoCAD 2018.
- [Voiceover] So we're staying in…our Userinterface.dwg file…as per the previous videos.…And what we're going to look at this time…in AutoCAD 2018…is the quick access toolbar.…And the quick access toolbar…is located at the top left…of your AutoCAD screen,…if you've never used it before.…Now most people will have,…if you're a reasonably seasoned AutoCAD user…the quick access toolbar…is an absolute godsend…because it provides you…with things like save, save as, plot, undo, redo…and so on.…
Now, the drawing I've got open at the moment…is in it's layout tab.…Just pop down to the bottom left corner…and click on the model tab there,…and you'll see that…there's some elements available to you…in the model space.…Now if I hover over this rectangle here…you can see currently…it is on layer zero.…This rectangle here…if I hover over this one…is also on layer zero.…Now, one of the things…that is really annoying,…dare I say it,…about AutoCAD…is the fact that…you have to keep going back…to the home tab on the ribbon…to set your layers.…
Now, at the moment…
- Working with the File Navigation dialog box
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Updating reference paths
- Changing path types
- Finding and replacing reference files
- Renaming unloaded references
- Using linetype gap selection
- Sharing design views from AutoCAD
- Setting a PDF layer
- Using the PDFIMPORT and PDFATTACH commands
- Changing text to MTEXT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. User Interface
2. External References
3. Off-Screen Selection
Using off-screen selection2m 20s
4. Linetype Gap Selection
Using linetype gap selection2m 10s
5. Sharing Design View
6. Using PDFs In AutoCAD
7. Changing Text To MTEXT
8. Technology and Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.