In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through the distinct nature of lookup parameters and actions from the block authoring tools within AutoCAD’s Block Editor. The instructor discusses what a lookup parameter and action is and how to use it. In addition, Josh demonstrates the creation and editing of a lookup parameter and action.
- [Instructor] So far we've looked at parameters.…We've looked at actions, we've looked at visibility states.…What if you wanted to combine…multiple actions, parameters, visibility states,…all to fire with one click.…That is where the lookup parameter comes into play.…Let's take a look at the lookup parameter.…In this exercise, I'm going to select our block here,…and choose Block Editor.…Now this is a standard table,…and we are inserting the table at its midpoint.…
So if we're going to change the length of the table,…we want to make sure we stretch it…both to the right and to the left.…So we actually have two parameters,…one to the left and one to the right.…It would be unusual…and really expecting too much of the user…to remember to change both parameters.…And if they don't,…they're not going to come up with a standard size.…So if we go to the Parameters tab…of our Block Authoring Palettes…and choose Lookup, it looks, as a grip,…it has a similarity to the visibility parameter grip.…
Just like the visibility parameter grip…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015)with Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.