Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Properties of center marks and centerlines, part of AutoCAD 2017 New Features.
- [Voiceover] When you're working with your Centerlines…and your Center Marks in AutoCAD 2017,…what you'll find is there's a certain group…of system variables allowing you to alter…the appearance of the Centerlines or Center Marks as well.…So what I've done, I've gone back to the…04_CenterMarksLines.dwg file,…and I've removed the existing Center Marks…and lines that were placed previously.…What I've done is I've made sure in my layers here,…that we're using the A-CENTERLINES layer,…which is the layer that the Centerlines…and Center Marks are going to go on.…
Now, the first variable controls the length…of Extension Line Overshoots…for Centerlines and Center Marks.…So you might want your Centerlines and Center Marks…to actually go over the edges of your geometry.…So this variable is CENTEREXE.…C-E-N-T-E-R, the American way,…and then E-X-E, like that, and then Enter to finish.…It says Enter new value for CENTEREXE.…So that's set to 0.12 at the moment.…I'm gonna change that to 5, and press Enter.…So now what happens,…
- Tool tip and dialog box enhancements
- TEXTEDIT command changes
- Coordination model object snap
- 2D and 3D publishing options
- Graphics performance enhancements
- Center marks and centerlines
- PDF import
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2016. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter, "AutoCAD 2017.1 Update," to cover the new features Autodesk added in the 2017.1 update (released October 2016), including enhanced support for 3D and 4K displays.
1. User Interface
3. Installation and Configuration
4. Associative Center Marks and Centerlines
5. PDF Import
6. AutoCAD 2017.1 Update
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.