In this video, Shaun Bryant goes through how to position and place the imported CAD file.
- [Narrator] So we're staying in our 06_Office.rvt file…in Revit and as you can see there,…I've left the Revit project in the same state it was…at the end of the previous video.…So what we need to do again there,…and again I'm getting you to repeat this to get used to it,…is to either undo what you've done,…where you cancel the most recent action,…or you select your imported CAD file…and you click on the red cross in the modify panel…to delete it.…You can use the delete key on the keyboard as well…if you wish.…
So, we're going to go back to the import panel…and click on import CAD again.…And we're going to select our 06_OFFICE_ReceptionArea…and we're going to do the last bit now,…which is our positioning of our CAD file in the Revit model.…So, make sure that your colors are set to black and white.…Your layers and levels are set to all.…Your import units is set to auto detect.…And you are going to correct lines that are slightly…off axis by ticking the box.…We're now going to look at this little right hand area here.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.