In this video, Shaun Bryant goes through how to position and place the linked CAD file.
- [Instructor] We're back in our…"07_Office.rvt" file in Revit,…and it's nice and clean because we undid…what we did in the last video…so we don't have any linked CAD file…sitting there in front of us this time.…So as usual, we're going to go back…to the insert tab on the ribbon,…into the link panel, and click on Link CAD.…So we're linking our CAD file into our Revit project.…We're going to use our trusty…"07_Office_ReceptionArea.dwg" there,…and what we're going to do is…set our colors to black and white,…layers and levels to all,…import units to auto-detect.…
Now, we're looking at positioning…the linked CAD file this time,…so make sure it's set auto, center to center.…We're placing it at level zero,…which is our current view here in project browser,…and we're orientating the view…to our Revit view in Revit itself.…So when we click on open now,…it'll bring the CAD file in.…It's a linked CAD file so…it's linked to our Revit model.…And it's centered.…So basically what we've done there,…is we've centered the view, the CAD file,…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.