In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through the configuration of page setups within a drawing file. The instructor discusses what is a page setup, configuring the setup, and the key components of the page setup. In addition, Josh walks through the configuring the options to use the server defined plotter configuration files.
- [Instructor] Creating consistent output…really is the hallmark of a well-configured…and standardized company.…So what we're going to do is we're going to discuss…some of the settings that are key…to creating consistent plotting…and then how to configure the plot,…so that the user does not need to know…any more than which setup,…that we've already configured for them…in the template, to use.…To start with we need to simply act…like we're going to print.…Some I'm going to come to a Layout…and in the Layout I'm going to right-click on it…and choose Page Setup Manager.…
We're going to create a New Page Setup…that's going to create or print,…print and plot are used interchangeably here at this time,…to print a 24 by 36 PDF of our sheet.…So I'm going to create a New Page Setup…and we're going to name this 24 by 36_PDF.…Some type of naming convention here,…again, in our Page Setup naming that allows the users…to quickly know what they're selecting.…
Since I named it 24 by 36 PDF…we're going to choose a PDF Printer…or plotter configuration,…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.